UNITED STRONGMEN® World Championships (European and other continental Championships)
UNITED STRONGMEN® stages the World Championships for the following classes with their member organizers:
MEN UNDER 105KG (Weight-in max. 20 hours prior the first event/first day).
US Works also with Strongman Fitness® classes and is the organizer for European Championships.
Note, all classes might not be availlable each year - please see the calendar for more information.
Due the respect for IMG´s World´s Strongest Man brand/competition UNITED STRONGMEN® is not taking part to organize open class professional world championships as IMG´s competition has over 30 yrs. history of being the #1 open class strongman competition in the world.
For our World Championships there are the following minimum requirements for the organizer:
The rules below are for United Strongmen® World Championships and other continental championships like European and other continental championships.
1. The World Championships competition must be scheduled in public minimum of four (4) months prior the date. All other competitions must be scheduled minimum of two (2) months prior the date.
2. Also the proforma information about the events must be published at the same time - changes may apply if it is based on having new sponsors included. All changes must be approved by UNITED STRONGMEN®
3. Minimum number of partisipants for World Championships is 10 competitors from 8 different countries - the organizer country is allowed to have 3 competitors. The invited athletes must be chosen from the UNITED STRONGMEN® organizers national championships - #1 gets the invitation - if injured or don´t want to participate due a personal reason, #2 from the nationals is the invited competitor etc. No wild cards accepted. On marketing purposes maximum of two (2) quest competitors can be invited, but their performances can not be counted to the points and they can not hold the title - also the minimum reguirement for the quest competitor is a podium performance in some other strength sport World Championships. In other competitions than World Championships 1/4 of the competitors can be invited outside of the national qualifications. In other than World Championships the minimum amount of competitors is 8 competitors from 4 different countries.
4. Minimum World Championships price money for each class is 5 000 USD or similar amount of local currency, which must be divited for all of the competitors with minimum of 300 USD award.. There is no restrictions to have more prizes or partisipating countries. Also each participating athlete must get a trophy or similar award. In other than World Championships the minimum total prize requirement is 1000 USD of money or other awards with value over 1000 USD
5. World Championships competitors travels to and back from homecountry to the venue, hotel and normal meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) must be free for all the competitors. For travelling we strongly recommend, that in longer distances aeroplane is the way to bring in the athletes to the venue. For shorter trips we strongly recommend to pay reasonable support for the travel by train, bus, car etc. Without the competitors permission is not allowed to have more than 1 waiting day prior/after the competition before transfer to home county. For waiting days the meals and hotels must be covered along with transports to and back to the transport stations. The travelling info (flight schedules etc. must be informed minimum of 14 days before departure. In other invitational continental championships the minimum requirement is min 100 USD travel money, hotel, meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and transports inside the organizer country are reguired.
6. Minimum number of events for World Championships is 7 and they can be organized in one or maximum of three days time. One day contest can have 7 events, but two or longer day competitions can have 3 or 4 events per day, so the total number of events is 7-12. For other than World Championships the minimum amount of events is 6.
7. The events, venue, eguipment, prizes and program must be approved by UNITED STRONGMEN® - no changes is allowed without written permission (email).
8. The referee (s) must be approved by UNITED STRONGMEN® (to keep the expenses down the referee is the organizer or nearest person, who fits to our stantands about well-known, reliable and fair strength athlete/referee).
9. The organizer is not responsible to pay any fees to UNITED STRONGMEN®.
10. If UNITED STRONGMEN® is supporting the competition/organizer financially the sponsors coming from UNITED STRONGMEN® are the primary ones and in the competition is not allowed to have competative sponsor.
11. Minimum requirement is to have at least national tv-proadcast in organizing country or quality filming and broadcast contract with United Strongmen® pay per view channel. UNITED STRONGMEN® will help the organizers to achieve international broadcasts also.
12. UNITED STRONGMEN® strongly recommends, that the organizers use these rules/suggestions about travelling/information in all of their competitions if possible. United Strongmen® organizers are free to co-operate with any brand and in other brand competitions different rules or suggesttions might appear.